ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Works closely with the Business Manager in learning all aspects of management including administrative and financial duties.
- Assumes responsibility for supervising staff and managing the property in the Business Manager's absence.
- Works closely with the Business Manager in developing an integral team that effectively sells the quality and professionalism of Tarragon Property Services
- Inspects property common areas, apartment units and grounds on a regular basis. Offers recommendations to supervisor and property management staff regarding improvements to the overall operation of the community.
- Understands financial and operational reporting requirements.
- Collects and posts all rent payments from both current and previous residents. Charges deposits and move-in fees.
- Makes daily community deposits in regard to rent collections and any other miscellaneous income.
- Codes and processes all community invoices in Avid. Assists in monitoring and recording paid invoices into various administrative log books. Forwards coded invoices to Business Manager for approval if applicable.
- Distributes non-payment notices to all delinquent residents and completes follow-up activity in regard to non-payment of rent or eviction proceedings. Also, collecting and working on past aged receivables.
- Maintains a general working knowledge of state laws in regard to collection of delinquent accounts.
- Inputs daily all resident information in relation to walk-in traffic, move-ins, move-outs, apartment conditions, etc. Maintains all current and previous resident files. Updates Weekly Property Reports on daily basis. Containerizes past reporting and move out files.
- Assists manager in ensuring that all leases and addendums are completed accurately in regard to addresses, names, rates, etc.
- Supports the overall marketing efforts and offers input and suggestions in regard to promotions, advertisements, rate increases, etc.
- Assists in various leasing activities as required. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of market and competitive properties.
- Assists the Manager with renewals of existing residents.
- Analyzes concerns associated with apartments that are slow to lease and offers recommendations.
- Earns respect of leasing staff and maintenance team by demonstrating effective leadership and example setting.
- Assists in the handling of resident service requests and various concerns as required.
- Conducts follow-up activity as needed with new and current residents in order to establish and maintain positive resident relations.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times.
- Consistently maintains a professional and courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public.
- Renters insurance compliance.
- Yardi E-Learning.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends and assists with resident social functions and activities as requested.
- Assists in creating the monthly and quarterly newsletter.
- Attends and participates in training seminars as requested.
- Run errands as necessary. May be required to drive motorized vehicle on or off property for Company business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and/or Experience:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills required.
- Valid drivers' license, sound driving record and auto insurance required.
- Computer literacy required. Proficiency in preparing Word documents and Excel spreadsheets in addition to property management software is preferable
- A college degree or related coursework is preferred.
- Yardi Voyager software experience is a highly desired.
- Business, hospitality or property management background preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Detail-oriented with a passion for organization. Ability to engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and have use good judgment to know when to ask for help and/or guidance.
- Ability to interact professionally with employees, tenants, owners, customers, and vendors.
- Strong written and verbal skills including ability to deliver well written reports and business correspondence. Ability to present numerical data effectively.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens well and gets clarification when necessary.
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation or circumstances; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions and in completion of tasks.
- Is a team player; volunteers readily; seeks increased responsibilities; asks for assistance and offers help when needed or able.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Nature of work requires an ability to effectively communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents operating standard business office equipment. The job may require occasional site inspection visits which could include climbing stairs and walking on uneven terrain. Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Why Work for TPS?
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational memberships
- We encourage career growth
*Tarragon Property Services will require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This requirement extends to all exempt and nonexempt employees. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination by time of hire is a condition of employment – not a condition of applying or interviewing for jobs with TPS.*
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.