Assistant Maintenance Supervisor - Aspen Glade Apartments
The Assistant Maintenance Supervisor functions in a support role to the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager, or leads in the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor/ Manager, by ensuring that the physical aspects of the property meet the company’s established standards and any applicable laws. This position participates in leading the on-site maintenance staff, as well as diagnosing maintenance problems for the property.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists supervisor with managing the on-site maintenance staff.
- Leads in diagnosing problems and repairs for the property in the areas of as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, drywalling, exterior structural, and appliances.
- Schedules, monitors, and performs preventative maintenance and apartment turns.
- Purchases maintenance supplies for the property while staying within the planned budget.
- Inspects apartments before and after move-in and move-outs, as well as after the apartment has been turned, and ensures compliance with Company Standards.
- Responds promptly and accurately to work order requests from residents, as well as delegates work orders to maintenance staff.
- Performs property inspections on a regular basis in order to maintain cleanliness as well as to identify any problems.
- Obtains bids from outside contractors and oversees contractor work for completeness.
- Accurately prepares and submits property invoices in accordance with established guidelines and deadlines.
- Assists supervisor with vendor selection and relations, so as to ensure quality performance.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
- Responds to on-call when scheduled.
- Ensures pool and fitness areas are inspected daily.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding the overall maintenance function of the property.
- Ensures excellent customer service to prospective and current tenants.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all Company National Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate in English.
- Ability to use a personal computer and working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as other computer tracking systems used at the property.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, and key/Handy track system.
- Ability to use standard maintenance equipment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
- Current driver license and automobile insurance.
May require one or more of the following certifications:
- EPA Certification, Type I and II.
- HVAC Certification.
- CPO certification (pool).
- Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
- Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
- Must comply with all safety regulations, including the use of back brace, safety goggles and gloves when appropriate.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; Overtime may be required for this position.
- Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- Must be reachable via phone, text or email, except during approved time off.
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to staffing shortages.
- Some hand and power tools required.
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Frequent stooping.
- Moderate hearing, talking, climbing, balancing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, lifting, use of fingers, and handling.
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet.
- Pronounced visual acuity (near and far) and field of vision.
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Ability to identify and distinguish color.
- Ability to distinguish the differences or similarities in odors using nose.
- Ability to lift and/or move an excess of 50 pounds or more.
Why Work for TPS?
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational memberships
- We encourage career growth
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.