Tarragon Property Services manages and leases a portfolio of operating properties that includes over 4 million square feet of commercial property (primarily retail and industrial) and nearly 3,200 multi-family units. TPS works closely with Tarragon, L.L.C., one of the most active developers in the Puget Sound region, by supporting its development projects.
TPS Commercial manages approximately 3.5 million square feet of commercial property from our Sumner, Washington office. The Assistant Property Manager works closely with the Senior Property Manager in the daily operations and financial performance of the commercial & industrial portfolio.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists the Senior Property Manager in the day-to-day operations of the properties including all phases of maintenance for buildings, grounds, and on-site equipment working directly with maintenance personnel and outside contractors.
- Manage property maintenance requirements, oversee solicitation and review of bids from contractors. Make recommendations to the Senior Property Manager.
- Review and appropriately respond to security reports.
- Assist with lease administration, helping ensure that tenants meet all obligations under the leases. Draft documentation to tenants regarding tenant openings/closings, and communications regarding administrative or other matters.
- Manage the preparation of and process the monthly tenant billing to ensure accuracy. Coordinates accordingly with the Property Accountant and Property Assistant.
- Oversee the process for accounts payable invoices for the project. Work closely with the Property Assistant to ensure invoices are coded accurately and processed timely.
- Assist Senior Property Manager with monthly reporting for each entity including variance analysis and operational narrative.
- Work with Senior Property Manager to draft the annual CAM estimates and CAM reconciliation calculations.
- Responsible for routine accounts receivable work and involve the Senior Property Manager in more challenging collection efforts.
- Assist the Senior Property Manager in developing the annual operating budgets for the project and draft assigned portions.
- Primary contact for tenant complaints and issues and works directly with tenants to resolve issues. Involve Senior Property Manager in escalated or more complicated issues.
- When necessary, and when the Property Assistant is absent, greets tenants, customers and vendors, answers phones, and provides general administrative support.
- Supports Leasing Manager in ensuring all spaces are in “show ready” condition. Provides additional marketing support as directed.
- 3-5+ years of property management in the commercial retail and/or industrial industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate, finance, or related field a plus.
- Ability to run reports using accounting software; Knowledge of Yardi a plus.
- Strong customer service skills; Ability to interact professionally with tenants, vendors, other employees, lenders, and ownership.
- Ability to understand and assist with the development and management of budgets.
- Ability to understand and administer lease agreements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written and verbal skills including ability to deliver well written reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Must have a reliable car, valid Washington State driver’s license and a clean driving record. Occasional travel between Sumner and the Seattle offices will be required.
WHY WORK FOR TPS?
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Competitive salary
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational memberships
- We encourage career growth
Tarragon Property Services will require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This requirement extends to all exempt and nonexempt employees. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination by time of hire is a condition of employment – not a condition of applying or interviewing for jobs with Tarragon Property Services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.