On-site management and oversight of a lease-up apartment project under the direction of the Regional Property Manager (RM).
This position has an anticipated start date of 05/01/2022. Salary to be reassessed upon completion of future property phases.
- Develops a team that embodies the integrity and professionalism of Tarragon Property Services.
- Hires (with RM approval), trains, evaluates and supervises all on-site employees.
- Coaches and reviews on-site employees and offers promotion recommendations to RM.
- Handles disciplinary action, including terminations with input and approval from RM and HR.
- Reviews staff timesheets and time-off requests and submits approvals by payroll deadlines.
- Conducts community staff meetings on a regular basis. Attends management meetings when scheduled.
- Work cooperatively with other residential managers.
- Strives to continually meet or exceed resident satisfaction.
- Analyzes and monitors the community market conditions in order to anticipate market changes or trends that could affect the profitability of the community. Reports concerns or changes to RM.
- Check axiometrics monthly.
- Supports the overall marketing efforts and offers input and suggestions in regard to promotions, advertisements, etc.
- Ensure timely payment of rents and other resident charges. Pursue and collect debts from current and past tenants.
- Oversees, develops and participates in leasing programs to ensure their success.
- Monitors closing ratios of leasing associates to ensure requirements are met. Recommends additional training of leasing associates if necessary.
- Reviews, approves or rejects resident applications.
- Reviews all renewals and prepares rent increase recommendations to RM according to the operating budget and market conditions.
- Implementing residential retention and renewal programs.
- Completion of various daily, weekly, and monthly reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares and follows guidelines of the operating budget.
- Approves the payment of all invoices in Avid.
- Monitors the maintenance activities to ensure resident requests and preventive maintenance programs are being performed according to TPS- standards.
- Reports or offers recommendations for community capital improvements or repairs, the development of job specifications, contract developments, contract negotiations, etc.
- Reviews and approves monthly and quarterly leasing bonuses.
- Responsible for quarterly coaching and development with all team members.
- Reports and analyzes monthly financials.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years residential or commercial property management experience, including at least 1 year in multi-family leasing, and at least 1 year in an assistant manager position with supervisory responsibilities.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A college degree or related coursework is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Landlord-Tenant laws in Washington State.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and leadership skills required.
- Valid drivers' license, sound driving record and auto insurance required.
- Computer literacy required. Proficiency in preparing Word documents and Excel spreadsheets in addition to property management software is preferable. Yardi experience a plus.
- Attends and participates in training programs as requested. Ensures all on-site staff have enrolled in and completed necessary courses in Yardi E-Learning.
- Attends and monitors various community, recreational and social activities.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, subordinates, coworkers and the general public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Why Work for TPS?
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational memberships
- We encourage career growth
- Rental discount
*Tarragon Property Services will require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This requirement extends to all exempt and nonexempt employees. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination by time of hire is a condition of employment – not a condition of applying or interviewing for jobs with TPS.*
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.