Business Manager- Residential Property Saffron Apartments
On-site management and oversight of a 99-unit apartment project under the direction of the Regional Property Manager (RM).
- Develops a team that embodies the integrity and professionalism of Tarragon Property Services.
- Hires (with RM approval), trains, evaluates and supervises all on-site employees.
- Coaches and reviews on-site employees and offers promotion recommendations to RM.
- Handles disciplinary action, including terminations with input and approval from RM and HR.
- Reviews staff timesheets and time-off requests and submits approvals by payroll deadlines.
- Conducts community staff meetings on a regular basis. Attends management meetings when scheduled.
- Work cooperatively with other residential managers.
Why Work for TPS?
- Support employee development and professional organizational memberships
- We encourage career growth
- Inclusive work environment
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Rental discount
- Strives to continually meet or exceed resident satisfaction.
- Analyzes and monitors the community market conditions in order to anticipate market changes or trends that could affect the profitability of the community. Reports concerns or changes to RM.
- Check axiometrics monthly.
- Supports the overall marketing efforts and offers input and suggestions in regard to promotions, advertisements, etc.
- Ensure timely payment of rents and other resident charges. Pursue and collect debts from current and past tenants.
- Oversees, develops and participates in leasing programs to ensure their success.
- Monitors closing ratios of leasing associates to ensure requirements are met. Recommends additional training of leasing associates if necessary.
- Reviews, approves or rejects resident applications.
- Reviews all renewals and prepares rent increase recommendations to RM according to the operating budget and market conditions.
- Implementing residential retention and renewal programs.
- Completion of various daily, weekly, and monthly reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares and follows guidelines of the operating budget.
- Approves the payment of all invoices in Avid.
- Monitors the maintenance activities to ensure resident requests and preventive maintenance programs are being performed according to TPS- standards.
- Reports or offers recommendations for community capital improvements or repairs, the development of job specifications, contract developments, contract negotiations, etc.
- Reviews and approves monthly and quarterly leasing bonuses.
- Responsible for quarterly coaching and development with all team members.
- Reports and analyzes monthly financials.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of residential or commercial property management experience, including at least 1 year in multi-family leasing, and at least 1 year in an assistant manager position with supervisory responsibilities.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A college degree or related coursework is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Landlord-Tenant laws in Washington State.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and leadership skills required.
- Valid drivers' license, sound driving record and auto insurance required.
- Computer literacy required. Proficiency in preparing Word documents and Excel spreadsheets in addition to property management software is preferable. Yardi experience a plus.
- Attends and participates in training programs as requested. Ensures all on-site staff have enrolled in and completed necessary courses in Yardi E-Learning.
- Attends and monitors various community, recreational and social activities.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, subordinates, coworkers and the general public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.