The in-house Collections Specialist is responsible for accurately processing payments to customer accounts; communicating with customers via phone call and email regarding past due accounts; assisting with billing inquiries and disputes. The In-house collections agent is also responsible for compiling and verifying accuracy of daily invoices and customer files. This position will work closely with Accounting and Property Management teams to reduce accounts receivable balances and ensure timely collections.
Essential Job Functions
- Instill confidence for newly created department by taking ownership of duties while working in partnership with accounting and property management residential/commercial teams.
- Responsible for the day-to-day correspondence and telephone procedures relating to overdue accounts with customers.
- Research and resolve customer invoice issues and discrepancies
- Work with the accounting department to monitor customers payment arrangements and timing of turning account over to outside agencies or the legal department.
- Regularly interface with property managers and customers to negotiate recovery settlements and mediate disputes.
- Create strong business relationships with collection agencies in our portfolio locations.
- Interface with all levels of management.
- Establish and maintain policies and controls.
- Develop policy manual to maintain efficient processes related to collections.
Other Administrative Tasks
- Financial Credit Screening for commercial tenants
- AP support
- Weekly bonus administration for residential leasing team
- High school diploma required
- 10 + years customer service experience
- Professional communication skills
- Ability to learn and navigate through software systems quickly
- Able to work independently and prioritize your work
- High attention to detail and ability to stay organized
- Willing to take on new challenges with confidence and persistence.
- Engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
Why Work for Us?
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Competitive salary
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational memberships
- We encourage career growth