Interacts directly with prospective and current residents to achieve rental and occupancy goals. Acts as the Company's representative by conveying the benefits of the community. Responsible for the leasing process from introduction to the actual occupancy of the resident and maintains communication throughout the tenancy of the resident.
Primary location downtown Seattle with a small amount of travel required to Sammamish and Bothell.
- Provides information about the apartments and the community to the prospective resident and schedules visits to the community. Responsible for leasing apartments at an acceptable determined percent of total prospects.
- Greets visitors and determines if the community meets the clients' qualifications.
- Effectively explains all lease and community policies to new and current residents.
- Accurately and efficiently prepares and assists with all leasing paperwork (i.e. applications; lease agreements and addenda; employment and credit checks; and leasing move-in packets). Maintains flyer information and updates as needed.
- Collects security deposits, rent and all other funds associated with resident moves.
- Effectively communicates changes in status of units leased to Maintenance Department.
- Completes service requests and communicates to Maintenance Department.
- Completes follow-up thank you notes and call-backs with prospects after initial community visits.
- Supports the overall marketing efforts and offers input and suggestions in regarding promotions, advertisements, etc.
- Maintains an accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the community, particularly in areas such as rent and pricing information, vacancies, apartment availability, lease expirations, square footage, etc.
- Understands and complies with state and local (Seattle) landlord-tenant Fair Housing laws and standards. Completes all Yardi E-Learning classes.
- Monitors the community advertisements and effectiveness of responses; maintains prospect pipeline and demographics. Checks advertisements for accuracy and makes corrections as needed, including Craigslist.
- Prepares monthly competitive market survey reports and analyzes the real estate market trends and conditions in the area. Shop comparisons on a regular basis.
- Monitors all current and future vacancies in order to proactively react to future occupancy needs.
- Analyzes concerns associated with apartments that are slow to lease and offers recommendations to Business Manager. Sets up and maintains mini models.
- Inspects all vacant apartments on a regular basis to ensure they are ready to show to prospective residents, and makes necessary scheduling for touch up cleans /maintenance issues.
- Works with management and maintain staff to ensure curb appeal and property appearance is acceptable.
- Conducts follow-up activity with all residents in order to establish positive resident relations.
- Maintains current resident files.
- Maintains open communication with Business Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist with collection from current and former tenants.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Attends and participates in training seminars as requested.
- Becomes active in the local business community and develops a rapport with other residential community measures.
- Assists the Business Manager in implementing resident retention and renewal programs.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding improvements for the overall operation of the community.
- Attends and assists in the coordination and organization of resident relations and activities, such as newsletters, parties, etc.
- Accompanies vendors or contractors to resident apartments as needed.
- Transports residents or prospective residents via motorized vehicle throughout property grounds; may run errands as necessary.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional and courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Valid drivers' license, sound driving record and auto insurance required.
- Computer literacy required. Proficiency in preparing Word documents and Excel spreadsheets in addition to property management software is preferable.
- A minimum of two years sales experience, hospitality or property management background preferred.
- Yardi Voyager software experience is a highly desired
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Ability to engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment to know when to ask for help and/or guidance.
- Ability to interact professionally with employees, tenants, owners, customers, and vendors.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens well and gets clarification when necessary.
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation or circumstances; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions and in completion of tasks.
- Is a team player; volunteers readily; seeks increased responsibilities; asks for assistance and offers help when needed or able.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.