WHY WORK FOR TPS?
· The Leasing Associate provides information about the apartments and the community to the prospective resident and schedules visits to the community. Responsible for leasing apartments at an acceptable determined percent of total prospects.
· Greets visitors and determines if the community meets the clients’ qualifications.
· Effectively explains all lease and community policies to new and current residents.
· Accurately and efficiently prepares and assists with all leasing paperwork (i.e. applications; lease agreements and addenda; employment and credit checks; and leasing move-in packets). Maintains flyer information and updates as needed.
· Supports the overall marketing efforts and offers input and suggestions in regarding promotions, advertisements, etc.
· Maintains an accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the community, particularly in areas such as rent and pricing information, vacancies, apartment availability, lease expirations, square footage, etc.
· Understands and complies with state and local (Seattle) landlord-tenant Fair Housing laws and standards. Completes all Yardi E-Learning classes.
· Attends and assists in the coordination and organization of resident relations and activities, such as newsletters, parties, etc.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training and/or Experience:
· A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
· Valid drivers' license, sound driving record and auto insurance required.
· Computer literacy required. Proficiency in preparing Word documents and Excel spreadsheets in addition to property management software is preferable.
Knowledge, Skills Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
· Ability to engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and to consistently meet deadlines.
· Ability to work independently and have use good judgment to know when to ask for help and/or guidance.
· Ability to interact professionally with employees, tenants, owners, customers, and vendors.
· Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens well and gets clarification when necessary.
· Changes approach or method to best fit the situation or circumstances; Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions and in completion of tasks.
· Is a team player; volunteers readily; seeks increased responsibilities; asks for assistance and offers help when needed or able.
· Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.