The Maintenance Technician is responsible for responding to maintenance requests as instructed by the Maintenance Supervisor/ Manager or property staff, or as requested by residents or vendors. This position ensures that the physical aspects of the property meets the Company’s established standards and any applicable laws.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Picks up trash on the property and in common areas, which includes but is not limited to the driveways, parking lots, curbs, trash receptacle areas, exterior/interior hallways, and any public areas.
- Ensures dumpster/compactor areas is emptied and or kept clean.
- Uses power blower and pressure washer to clean breezeways, steps, sidewalk, pool area, and any other common areas.
- Maintains the property’s flowerbeds, plants and grass areas, including pool cleaning or routine pool maintenance, and removing snow.
- Walks the property several times a day and picks up new debris.
- Communicates with Maintenance Supervisor regarding the status of work and any potential issues.
- Schedules, monitors and performs work orders as needed.
- Ensures maintenance supplies are in stock and orders supplies, as directed.
- Assists office staff as needed with posting notices on resident doors.
- Performs emergency maintenance work as required.
- Ensures all work areas are neat and orderly after work orders have been completed.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
- Ensures excellent customer service to prospective residents and tenants and promotes a quality living experience for all residents.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all Company Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year previous experience as a porter or similar function is preferred for this position.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to use a personal computer or other computer tracking systems used at the property.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, and key/Handy track system.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
- Current driver license and automobile insurance.
May require one or more of the following certifications:
- EPA Certification, Type I and II.
- HVAC Certification.
- CPO certification (pool).
- Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
- Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
- Must comply with all safety regulations, including the use of back brace, safety goggles and gloves when appropriate.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; Overtime may be required for this position.
- Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- Must be reachable via phone, text or email, except during approved time off.
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to staffing shortages.
- Some travel may be required.
- Some hand and power tools required
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, feeling.
- Moderate climbing, balancing, crawling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting and talking, hearing, and smelling.
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet.
Why Work for TPS?
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational memberships
- We encourage career growth
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.