Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedules, monitors, and/or performs preventative Maintenance and apartment turns.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior garages/carports, and appliances.
- Ensures that work order requests are responded to promptly and professionally.
- Ensures residential units have been turned in a timely and efficient manner, as well as determines if work has been completed properly.
- Provides excellent customer service to prospective and current tenants and promotes a quality living experience for all residents.
- Provides on-call service when scheduled and performs emergency maintenance work when required.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
- Assists supervisor with scheduling and communicating with vendors and contractors.
- Assists supervisor with obtaining bids from outside contractors, as well as oversees contractor work for completeness.
- Assists with purchasing maintenance supplies for the property while staying within the planned budget.
- Accurately prepares and submits property invoices in accordance with established guidelines.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding the overall maintenance function of the property.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all Company Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is required.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to use a personal computer or other computer tracking systems used at the property.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, and key/Handy track system.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
- Current driver's license and automobile insurance.
May require one or more of the following certifications:
- EPA Certification, Type I and II.
- HVAC Certification.
- CPO certification (pool).
- Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
- Must maintain a professional appearance
- Must comply with all safety regulations
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; Overtime may be required for this position.
- Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- Must be reachable via phone, text or email, except during approved time off.
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to staffing shortages.
- Some travel may be required.
- Some hand and power tools required
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, feeling.
- Moderate climbing, balancing, crawling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting and talking, hearing, and smelling.
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet.
Why Work for TPS?
Find out why Tarragon Property Services is a great place to work!
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational memberships
- We encourage career growth
We are an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.