The Maintenance Technician is responsible for responding to maintenance requests as instructed by the Maintenance Supervisor/Manager or property staff, or as requested by residents or vendors. This position ensures that the physical aspects of the property meets the Company's established standards and any applicable laws.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedules, monitors and/or performs preventative maintenance and apartment turns.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior garages/carports and appliances.
- Ensures that work order requests are responded to promptly and professionally.
- Ensures residential units have been turned in a timely and efficient manner, as well as determines if work has been completed properly.
- Provides excellent customer service to prospective and current tenants and promotes a quality living experience for all residents.
- Provides on-call service when scheduled and performs emergency maintenance work when required.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
- Assists supervisor with scheduling and communicating with vendors and contractors.
- Assists supervisor with obtaining bids from outside contractors, as well as oversees contractor work for completeness.
- Assists with purchasing maintenance supplies for the property while staying within the planned budget.
- Accurately prepares and submits property invoices in accordance with established guidelines.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding the overall maintenance function of the property.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
Complies with all Company Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.