The Maintenance Technician is responsible for responding to maintenance requests as instructed by the Maintenance Supervisor/ Manager or property staff, or as requested by residents or vendors. This position ensures that the physical aspects of the property meets the Company’s established standards and any applicable laws.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedules, monitors and/or performs preventative maintenance and apartment turns.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, swimming pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior garages/carports and appliances.
- Ensures that work order requests are responded to promptly and professionally.
- Ensures residential units have been turned in a timely and efficient manner, as well as determines if work has been completed properly.
- Provides excellent customer service to prospective and current tenants and promotes a quality living experience for all residents.
- Provides on-call service when scheduled and performs emergency maintenance work when required.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts Maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
- Assists supervisor with scheduling and communicating with vendors and contractors.
- Assists supervisor with obtaining bids from outside contractors, as well as oversees contractor work for completeness.
- Assists with purchasing maintenance supplies for the property while staying within the planned budget.
- Accurately prepares and submits property invoices in accordance with established guidelines.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding the overall maintenance function of the property.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as fair housing, safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all Company Standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is required.
- Ability to read, write and understand English.
- Ability to use a personal computer or other computer tracking systems used at the property.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, and key/Handy track system.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to relate to others.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Comprehension of federal fair housing laws and any applicable local housing provisions.
- Current driver license and automobile insurance.
May require one or more of the following certifications:
- EPA Certification, Type I and II.
- HVAC Certification.
- CPO certification (pool).
- Other licenses and/or certifications as required by state law.
- Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
- Must comply with all safety regulations, including the use of back brace, safety goggles and gloves when appropriate.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; Overtime may be required for this position.
- Ability to work weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- Must be reachable via phone, text or email, except during approved time off.
- Must be available to work on-call or when needed due to staffing shortages.
- Some travel may be required.
- Some hand and power tools required
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, feeling.
- Moderate climbing, balancing, crawling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting and talking, hearing, and smelling.
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet.
Why Work for TPS?
- Health Insurance including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Support employee development and professional organizational memberships
- We encourage career growth
*Tarragon Property Services will require all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This requirement extends to all exempt and nonexempt employees. Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination by time of hire is a condition of employment – not a condition of applying or interviewing for jobs with TPS.*
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Related keywords: maintenance technician, maintenance