Kent Station is a 470,000 square foot mixed-use center located in downtown Kent. This position is responsible for promoting a safe environment for all users of the property and managing the day-to-day operations of the security department. The position is located on-site at Kent Station in Kent, Washington.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote a safe environment for customers, co-workers, tenants, and their employees.
- Develop and implement security policies, protocols, and procedures to ensure an effective security plan is carried out for the property.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the security department.
- Train and supervise the security site supervisor and ensure training is carried through to the security staff.
- Be a liaison between tenants and management regarding security related issues and safety concerns.
- Review incident reports and daily activity reports and appropriately respond to issues as they arise.
- Update the General Manager and management personnel on security and safety related issues as needed, including reporting major issues in a timely manner.
- Provide a weekly report of security and safety issues.
- Update crime statistics monthly. Respond appropriately to any crime trends or identified safety issues by implementing new policies and procedures if necessary.
- Update the Emergency Preparedness plan for Kent Station as needed.
- In coordination with Maintenance Engineer, maintain an effective preventative maintenance program.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed by the General Manager.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Experience and Education:
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in security management or equivalent experience in a related industry or law enforcement.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, and a college degree is preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate and work with management office personnel, tenants, co-workers and vendors.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to be self-directed.
- Experience in property management and the shopping center industry a plus.
- Must be pro-active and results oriented with a professional appearance and approach.
- Computer literacy required. Proficiency in preparing Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and Outlook.
- Valid drivers’ license, sound driving record and auto insurance required.