The Vice President of Property Management – Residential has primary responsibility to drive value through effective leadership, financial insight, organizational and innovative business strategies of the multi-family residential portfolio managed by Tarragon Property Services, LLC (TPS). This includes the performance of existing properties, the lease up of new properties under development, and the repositioning of existing properties. This position has full-charge responsibility in the management of all aspects of operation for the multi-family portfolio and supervision of portfolio staff, in accordance with the goals and objectives of the property owners, corporate policies and procedures, and the mission of TPS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leading the residential property management team, establish and achieve financial goals by effectively managing to meet or exceed budgeted revenue and maintain or lower property expenses, while enhancing the value of the properties.
- Mentor and develop a motivated team through effective people management and a positive, growth-oriented environment.
- Lead by example, setting and communicating clear standards to guide staff to fulfill their potential.
- Final accountability for annual budget of the portfolio, including leasing strategy and capital improvement decisions.
- Drive performance of the portfolio through the analysis of financial statements, monthly financial reviews, and established property metrics to assess portfolio performance and drive business results. Review and finalize monthly operational narrative report to President and Chief Financial Officer.
- Consult with Development partners for property management-related considerations for developing properties.
- Keep informed of market conditions, understanding competitive pricing, and utilizing appropriate marketing resources.
- Other responsibilities as determined by Senior Management or ownership.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive property management experience, with a proven track record of financial results and leadership.
- Relevant industry designation (CAM, CPM, etc.) and active involvement with industry associations (NAA, WMFHA, IREM, etc.) a plus.
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Strong financial analysis skills, including developing and managing budgets, reading and understanding financial statements.
- Proven performer with a reputation for results and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities with direct reports, community teams and peers, with a track record of employee engagement, development, and growth.
- Top-notch communication skills, including excellent writing, presenting, and public speaking abilities.
- Entrepreneurial and business growth-oriented outlook, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Can self-direct and organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines.
- Must be knowledgeable about industry regulations, trends, and practices.
- Well-developed computer literacy in the Mircosoft suite of products. Yieldstar experience desired. Yardi experience required.
- Must have a reliable car, valid Washington State driver’s license (or ability to obtain one prior to job commencement), a clean driving record, and proof of valid insurance.
- Travel to all residential properties required.